This lottery is registered with the Midlothian Licensing Board.
Promoter: School Lunches for Kamuli
Responsible person: Julie-Clare Becher
Registered charity number: SC044592
- The SLK Monthly lottery will be operated as a small society lottery under the Gambling Act 2005.
- All lottery applicants must be 16 years or over and resident in the UK.
- Once you have completed your form, send it to the Lottery Coordinator, School Lunches for Kamuli, 5 Nungate Gardens, Haddington East Lothian EH41 4EE. You will be asked to provide your name, address, contact telephone number, your email address and date of birth.
- Once we have received and processed your entry form we will send you a letter acknowledging your entry and informing you of your unique lottery number. We will also notify you of the date of the first draw in which you are eligible to win.
- The cost of each entry is £5 per month for a minimum of 12 months, which is payable monthly or annually by direct debit or upfront by cheque or cash. SLK prefers payments by recurring direct debit to reduce administration costs whilst being more convenient for you. Direct debits may be set up by phone, via our website or by written mandate. Applicants may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance.
- Subscriptions to the lottery cannot attract Gift Aid.
- The draw will take place on the last Thursday of the month by random number generator. The winners will be contacted by SLK and the winner’s unique lottery number will be published on our website and in our six monthly newsletter.
- Prizes will be sent by cheque to the winner’s address within 14 days by post. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the details held by SLK, including address and telephone number are correct.
- The promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments and no liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Winners have up to six months to claim their prize by cashing their cheque. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time frame, unclaimed prizes will be donated back to the SLK charity.
- The winner shall not be entitled to receive any prize if they are unable to substantiate to the promoting charity their representations under paragraph 1 above.
- The promoter (without giving any reason or notice) may decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. In the event of cancellation of the lottery, refunds will be made of all payments for which a draw has not taken place.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
- The promoter’s decisions are final.
- All profits from the SLK Monthly Lottery go to the School Lunches for Kamuli Charity, helping to provide food for Ugandan school children to promote health, education and wellbeing.